- Studying or describing a particular language or culture in a way that is general, non-structural, and objective in its perspective: is there a valid cross-cultural etic definition of violence? Often contrasted with emic.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In ethnographic studies, the orientation of the researcher is termed etic or emic.
- Related to the problems of anachronism and ethnocentrism is the distinction between emic and etic terms.
- Drawing on data from biological anthropology, historical linguistics, and archaeology, he attempts an etic examination of the processes of formation of ethnic groups in the Japanese islands between 400 BC and the medieval era.
1950s: abstracted from phonetic.
Más definiciones de eticDefinición de etic en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.