- A shrimp-like planktonic marine crustacean of an order which includes krill.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Order Euphausiaceae, subclass Malacostraca
- Unexpectedly, even juvenile mysids, which are never planktonic, have similar optics to those of larval euphausiids and decapods, and form refracting superposition eyes in adults.
- Plankton such as euphausiids are important food for pre-grisle but amphipods and decapods are also consumed.
- Throughout the euphausiids, decapods, and stomatopods, larvae invariably possess compound eyes, which are naturally complicated structures.
late 19th century: from modern Latin Euphausia (genus name from Greek eu 'well' + phainein 'to show' + ousia 'substance') + -id2.
Más definiciones de euphausiidDefinición de euphausiid en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.