Focusing on European culture or history to the exclusion of a wider view of the world; implicitly regarding European culture as pre-eminent: the classical, Eurocentric view of how mathematics developed
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A Eurocentric nationalist view of history would posit ‘One World, Many Tribes’ as the oldest and least mature social formation.
- Rather, they map onto each other and reinforce a politically conservative, Eurocentric view of culture.
- The result was a Eurocentric view of world history in which Africans had no part.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is unsurprising, considering the US' historical links with Europe and the ancestral ties of the majority of its citizens to Europe, that the US' foreign policy tends to display a distinct Eurocentricity.
- There is a lot to be done in South Africa for the poor land-dispossessed people of this country, rather than for this diversionary game of homosexuals whose Eurocentricity has now completely gone eccentric.
- Their construction of a nationalist philosophical system that eventually served as an apologia for Japan's aggression can be traced to such an experience of Eurocentricity.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Americans who are apt to argue that U.S. foreign policy needs constant infusions of legitimacy from the approbation of European governments are also apt to deplore, in the domestic culture wars, Eurocentrism in academic curricula.
- Every American has a right to patriotism and his opinion, but he has perpetuated the idea that keeps the Western world in a regime of arrogance, power, Eurocentrism, and inevitable conflict with those who pull its cargo.
- And the Eurocentrism has a flip side, a soft-headed multiculturalism in which movements in other parts of the world are regarded as hopelessly and wonderfully exotic and not to be judged or analyzed.
Palabras que riman con Eurocentricandrocentric, centric, concentric, eccentric, egocentric, ethnocentric, geocentric, phallocentric, theocentric
Definición de Eurocentric en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda