Denoting social organisms (e.g. the honeybee) in which a single female or caste produces the offspring and non-reproductive individuals cooperate in caring for the young.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The naked and Damaraland mole-rats are the only known eusocial mammals, behaving like social insects by living in a colony with a single breeding female and related, reproductively suppressed, workers and soldiers.
- Under this framework, we present the results of a dynamic programming effort aimed at determining the optimal ontogeny of defensive allocation strategies by eusocial clonal organisms.
- In many taxa, however, including all eusocial vertebrates and many insects, nonbreeding or subordinate group members are potentially capable of reproduction.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Cooperative breeding and eusociality are taxonomically widespread, occurring in social arthropods, colonial invertebrates, mammals, birds, fish, and bacteria.
- Relatedness concepts have dominated the discussion on the evolution and maintenance of eusociality in social insects.
- Behavioral studies over the last decade have revealed an unexpected diversity of rather sophisticated social behavior, including even eusociality.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: eu|social
Definición de eusocial en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda