Relating to or denoting a mixture of substances (in fixed proportions) that melts and freezes at a single temperature that is lower than the melting points of the separate constituents or of any other mixture of them: the eutectic mixture melts at 183°C silver and copper form a eutectic system
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A eutectic mixture has a melting point below room temperature; therefore, both local anesthetics exist as a liquid oil rather than as crystals.
- When the temperature has been lowered sufficiently, the remaining liquid solidifies as a eutectic structure of austenite and graphite.
- All children were given a patch of eutectic mixture of local anesthetic, because midazolam does not have analgesic properties, and later were given the nasal spray.
1A eutectic mixture.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The structure is illustrated in Fig.4 from the Cast Iron article which shows the structure of the phosphide eutectic, together with graphite, ferrite and pearlite.
- When the metastable path is followed, the rich carbon phase in the eutectic is the iron carbide; when the stable solidification path is followed, the rich carbon phase is graphite.
- All the phases formed tend to concentrate at the grain boundaries, in the form of complex eutectics, more or less coupled.
1.1 short for eutectic point.
Late 19th century: from Greek eutēktos 'easily melting', from eu 'well, easily' + tēkein 'melt'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: eu|tec¦tic
Definición de eutectic en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda