Definición de event horizon en inglés:
1A notional boundary around a black hole beyond which no light or other radiation can escape.
- This causes space-time in their vicinity to be literally dragged around them in a gravitational vortex, forming a region around their event horizon called the ergosphere, in which it would be impossible to stand still.
- Something at the event horizon of this black hole was trying to escape.
- They say that once you cross the event horizon of a black hole there's no escape - but that just sounds like loser talk to me.
1.1A point of no return: we’re nearing the event horizon of the presidential election
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Gosh only knows how, but alcohol was consumed and the event horizon of my return to Cambridge kept receding.
- There's no threshold to reach, event horizon to cross, or moment of novelty to await.
- Probes pushed down her throat were destroyed without returning any useful information, as if there were some kind of event horizon just past whatever served her as vocal cords.
Definición de event horizon en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan