verbo[with object] • rare
- 1Castrate (a man or male animal).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The mob had attempted to mutilate and evirate the manly figure
- In breeding, some evirate the foal while sucking.
- The unmoved Bottai notes that one of the bodies shows 'an enormous, bloodied gash: they have evirated him'.
- 1.1Deprive (a man) of his male role or identity; emasculate.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He did not know that a man's character dwindles into pusillanimity and cowardice, when, he is evirated by an operation totally different.
- Their minds are debased and evirated by effeminacy, lasciviousness, and fondness for loose pleasures.
early 17th century: from Latin evirat-, from the verb evirare (from e-, expressing a change of state, + vir 'man'): see -ate3.