sustantivo(also evolute curve) Mathematics
A curve which is the locus of the centres of curvature of another curve (its involute).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- On 22 January 1769 Monge wrote to Bossut explaining that he was writing a work on the evolutes of curves of double curvature.
- He defines evolutes and involutes of curves and, after giving some elementary properties, finds the evolutes of the cycloid and of the parabola.
- Hence a curve has a unique evolute but infinitely many involutes.
adjetivoZoology & Botany
Rolled outwards at the edges: an evolute shell
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The general shell characters are the evolute coiling and the median keel that is always higher than the lateral ones.
- The second lineage contained A. nitida, which became more involute and axially compressed on the umbilical side, and its first descendant, A. mckannai, which developed evolute coiling and a moderately wide umbilicus.
- It essentially separates early (higher scores) and later (lower scores) representatives of the species, which tended to develop evolute coiling through geologic time.
Definición de evolute en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda