Definición de evolute en inglés:
sustantivo(also evolute curve) Mathematics
A curve which is the locus of the centres of curvature of another curve (its involute).
- On 22 January 1769 Monge wrote to Bossut explaining that he was writing a work on the evolutes of curves of double curvature.
- He defines evolutes and involutes of curves and, after giving some elementary properties, finds the evolutes of the cycloid and of the parabola.
- Hence a curve has a unique evolute but infinitely many involutes.
adjetivoZoology & Botany Volver al principio
Rolled outwards at the edges: an evolute shell
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The general shell characters are the evolute coiling and the median keel that is always higher than the lateral ones.
- The second lineage contained A. nitida, which became more involute and axially compressed on the umbilical side, and its first descendant, A. mckannai, which developed evolute coiling and a moderately wide umbilicus.
- It essentially separates early (higher scores) and later (lower scores) representatives of the species, which tended to develop evolute coiling through geologic time.
Definición de evolute en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia