1The quality of being outstanding or extremely good: awards for excellence a centre of academic excellence
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Of course, they must still be seen as centres of academic excellence and the source of quality graduates.
- These collaborations provide contact with expertise and academic excellence.
- The school has also won a string of awards for sporting and academic excellence.
distinction, quality, high quality, superiority, brilliance, greatness, merit, calibre, eminence, pre-eminence, supremacy, peerlessness, transcendence, value, worth;
skill, talent, genius, virtuosity, accomplishment, expertness, mastery, prowess, ability
1.1 [count noun] archaic An outstanding feature or quality.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The problem, then, is to find some way to measure a student's potential that still leaves administrators enough leeway to ensure that campus life benefits from a rich variety of excellences and life experiences.
- A life full of ethical and intellectual excellences and activity according to those excellences does not suffice for happiness if pleasure is insufficiently present, or if too much pain is present.
- For the nurse, virtues and excellences are those habits that affirm and promote the values of human dignity, well-being, respect, health, independence, and other values central to nursing.
Late Middle English: from Latin excellentia, from the verb excellere 'surpass' (see excel).
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda