More than is necessary, normal, or desirable; immoderate: he was drinking excessive amounts of brandy
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To counter this argument it is necessary to show that excessive caution is a barrier to progress.
- As ever, we ended up drinking excessive amounts, albeit absorbed by plenty of food.
- Vitamin A is dangerous in excessive doses and in extreme cases may trigger liver damage.
immoderate, intemperate, imprudent, overindulgent, unrestrained, unrestricted, uncontrolled, uncurbed, unbridled, lavish, extravagant;
exorbitant, extortionate, unreasonable, outrageous, undue, uncalled for, extreme, inordinate, unwarranted, unnecessary, needless, disproportionate, too much
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is dismaying to realize that the best film to come out of America this summer - the only one whose end product justifies its bloated budget, artistic self-indulgence, and general excessiveness - was made over two decades ago.
- Consumerism is a bottomless pit of self-indulgence and excessiveness that, rather than being fulfilling, leaves people craving for still more.
- They seem to be giant physical manifestations of a kind of extravagance, or excessiveness, a breaking out of boundaries, form, and structure.