Definición de excessive en inglés:
More than is necessary, normal, or desirable; immoderate: he was drinking excessive amounts of brandy
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To counter this argument it is necessary to show that excessive caution is a barrier to progress.
- As ever, we ended up drinking excessive amounts, albeit absorbed by plenty of food.
- Vitamin A is dangerous in excessive doses and in extreme cases may trigger liver damage.
immoderate, intemperate, imprudent, overindulgent, unrestrained, unrestricted, uncontrolled, uncurbed, unbridled, lavish, extravagant;
exorbitant, extortionate, unreasonable, outrageous, undue, uncalled for, extreme, inordinate, unwarranted, unnecessary, needless, disproportionate, too much
- Example sentences
- It is dismaying to realize that the best film to come out of America this summer - the only one whose end product justifies its bloated budget, artistic self-indulgence, and general excessiveness - was made over two decades ago.
- Consumerism is a bottomless pit of self-indulgence and excessiveness that, rather than being fulfilling, leaves people craving for still more.
- They seem to be giant physical manifestations of a kind of extravagance, or excessiveness, a breaking out of boundaries, form, and structure.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan