sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
- The simultaneous removal of a patient’s blood and replacement by donated blood, used in treating serious conditions such as haemolytic disease of the newborn.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The lights help change bilirubin in the baby's blood to a form that can be easily disposed of in urine. This treatment is usually effective, but a few babies may need a special type of blood transfusion called an exchange transfusion.
- Complications of exchange transfusion can include air embolism, vasospasm, infarction, infection, and even death.
- Some babies may be severely affected, demonstrate rapid RBC destruction, and anemia, and require exchange transfusion for treatment.
Más definiciones de exchange transfusionDefinición de exchange transfusion en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.