- (Of a vessel or opening) conveying fluid outwards: the excurrent siphon The opposite of incurrent.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The basic body form of sponges consists of numerous small incurrent canals called ostia (sing. ostium) and one or more large excurrent opening called oscula (sing. osculum).
- That is, sperm are created, concentrated and sent out the excurrent openings, sometimes in masses so dense that the sponges appear to be smoking.
- The velocity of the excurrent stream through the osculum may be several hundred times that at the level of the choanocytes.
early 17th century: from Latin excurrent- 'running out', from the verb excurrere.
Más definiciones de excurrentDefinición de excurrent en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.