1An officer with executive power: a former executive officer with the civil service
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Wandsworth's former higher executive officer for the Office of Fair Trading, was awarded an OBE.
- The last ITU Telecom World was held in the Swiss city in 2003 and attracted over 900 exhibitors from 551 countries, plus 375 industry chief executive officers and 148 government officials.
- A number of other matters were raised by members about the powers of the chief executive officer, and the like.
1.1(In naval vessels and some other military contexts) the officer who is second in command to the captain or commanding officer.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In addition to inspiring the students at the War College with his candor, he also addressed the Senior Enlisted Academy and prospective commanding and executive officers at the Command Leadership School.
- A major typically is an executive officer - second in command - in a battalion.
- The course is expected to run about twice a year, training airbase commanding officers, executive officers and major flight commanders.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ex¦ecu|tive of¦fi|cer
Definición de executive officer en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda