sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
- Complete surgical removal of the eyeball and other contents of the eye socket, usually in cases of malignant cancer.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In every case the primary surgical aim was exenteration of retraction pocket disease with or without cholesteatoma.
- Accurate pre-operative assessment is essential to differentiate between these two so that surgery can be planned and adequate consent and patient information given especially if there is a possibility of orbital exenteration.
- The following week, the patient underwent a palliative anterior pelvic exenteration of the urinary bladder with urinary diversion and partial vulvectomy involving the upper part of the vulva and clitoris.
mid 17th century (originally in the sense 'disembowelment'): from Latin exenterat- 'removed', from the verb exenterare (suggested by Greek exenterizein), from ex- 'out of' + enteron 'intestine'.
Más definiciones de exenterationDefinición de exenteration en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.