- 1Physical or mental effort: she was panting with the exertion [count noun]: a well-earned rest after their exertionsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The physical and mental exertions on Sunday may take its toll.
- Signs of mental and physical fatigue after midweek exertions manifested themselves in some sluggish play from O'Neill's men early on.
- Hence, the intellectual, mental, moral and physical exertions will be greater.
- 2The application of a force, influence, or quality: the exertion of authorityMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It feels spindly, as if it will break with exertion of more force.
- I rolled my eyes, giving into his exertion of force, and following him down the street back home.
- I could actually feel my entire body just sink along with my mattress, from his exertion of force.