- 1Relating to existence.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- So I've been going through an existential reckoning lately, in which I'm in the process of critically examining what I'm doing with my life and why I'm doing it.
- Nashe in The Music of Chance has a compulsion to doubt - the ‘ordinary’ characters are only marginal figures - engaged in a cycle of powerful existential anguish.
- Yet, although their tackling of such existential matters displays a maturity that few of their hard-rocking colleagues ever come near, the means of delivery can at times seem adolescent.
- 1.1 Philosophy Concerned with existentialism.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The existential philosopher Martin Heidegger precedes Foucault in attempting to understand the historical conditionalitics of Being
- As a statement of existential ontology this says nothing about which affective states are most prevalent.
- She argues that Mary Daly, like Tillich, correlates existential questions with ontological/theological concerns.
- 1.2 Logic (Of a proposition) affirming or implying the existence of a thing.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Life after Rupert - soon to be 72 - may be the most existential proposition in business today.
- Peirce aimed to extend Venn's system in expressive power with respect to the first two kinds of propositions, i.e., existential and disjunctive statements.
- So, singular negative existential propositions are no less paradoxical than are general ones.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One thing I won't do is put the central characters into a beach-party situation and have them talking existentially about why they surf.
- I've lived existentially for 25 years, imagining a moment at a time.
- A lot of Bresson's work has been read to have spiritual transcendence, yet also can be read existentially, politically and morally.
late 17th century: from late Latin existentialis, from existentia (see existence).
Más definiciones de existentialDefinición de existential en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.