1A line spoken by an actor immediately before leaving the stage.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The film is worth viewing if only for her exit line in one scene, ‘I moonlight as a shrine maiden.’
- Cinema historians will be thrilled to know there is finally an exit line to top Orson Welles's immortal ‘Rosebud…’ at the end of Citizen Kane.
- Almost equally valuable is their conscious retention of the subjunctive in Richard's exit line at the climax of IV.iii, ‘My wounds are inward.’
1.1A parting remark: ‘You’ve got lipstick all over your face.’ And using that as an exit line she stalked out
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Before they could react, the distinguished guest broke the tension by an exit line which would do any great actor proud; ‘Don't be alarmed, Mr. Chairman, I did the same thing to Stalin and the Pope’.
- I turned to my sons with what I was sure would be our exit line - ‘It is your choice whether or not you want to spend your money here’.
- ‘By the way,’ the patient adds, as I try for a discreet exit line, ‘Could you get one of the nurses to pick up my bedpan?’
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: exit line
Definición de exit line en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda