- Relating to or denoting glands which secrete their products through ducts opening on to an epithelium rather than directly into the blood: pancreatic exocrine secretionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In a separate but related system, exocrine tissues secrete their products into ducts and then to the outside of the body or to the intestinal tract.
- Pancreatic juice, an exocrine secretion, is vital for digestion.
- Cystic fibrosis, a chronic genetic disorder that affects the exocrine glands, results in the production of excessive, thick mucus that obstructs the gastrointestinal tract and the lungs.
early 20th century: from exo- 'outside' + Greek krinein 'sift'.
Más definiciones de exocrineDefinición de exocrine en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.