- External or exogenous factors were a threat to the monetary stability achieved in 1999.
- They are supposed to move like a pendulum: they may be dislocated by external forces, so-called exogenous shocks, but they will seek to return to the equilibrium position.
- Consider that most recessions are the result of exogenous shocks: the oil crisis of 1973, the credit controls of 1980, and, of course, the war.
- The latter may be formed endogenously from cellular precursors, but they may also originate from exogenous sources such as diet, tobacco smoke or environmental pollution.
- Transgenesis refers to the process of introducing exogenous genes into the germ line of an organism.
- Furthermore, laboratory studies of the uptake of exogenous chromosomal DNA in bacteria have also demonstrated that recombination can mediate the process of adaptive evolution.
- While external climatic factors are the cause of exogenous diseases such as fevers, colds and flus, Ama is the root of more endogenous diseases such as arthritis, heart disease and cancer.
- A patient history should include attention to exogenous agents that may cause or further aggravate symptoms.
- Doctors generally avoid prescribing hormone replacement therapy to postmenopausal women with systemic lupus erythematosus because of a widespread belief that exogenous oestrogens make the disease worse.
- Two of the papers in this volume refocus syncretism away from issues of authenticity and inauthenticity to argue for an integration and synchronisation of indigenous and exogenous elements.
- The linkages perspective considers both the exogenous pressures toward change and the internal dynamic of local cultures.
- Yet such a strategy does not signify polar opposition between tradition and modernity, endogenous and exogenous.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Economic freedom is based on endogenously managed development rather than exogenously controlled development.
- Each brood was kept together in its own aquarium, and once the fry began feeding exogenously, they were fed frozen and fresh daphnia ad libitum.
- For the benchmark years 1972-1997, the price of Sector 08, entitled ‘crude petroleum and natural gas’ is exogenously changed by 10 percent.
Mid 19th century: from modern Latin exogena (denoting an exogenous plant, suggested by classical Latin indigena 'native') + -ous.
Palabras que riman con exogenousandrogynous, autogenous, endogenous, erogenous, homogenous, hydrogenous, misogynous
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ex|ogen¦ous
Definición de exogenous en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.