1(Of a reaction or process) accompanied by the release of heat. The opposite of endothermic (sense 1).
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Sodium hydroxide dissolved into water is an exothermic process, ammonium nitrate dissolved in water is an endothermic process.
- The rusting of iron is an exothermic reaction and this process is used in hand warmers which are utilized in cold regions.
- When fireworks are ignited, the chemical compounds react with each other in an exothermic reaction - releasing energy.
late 19th century: from French exothermique.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This is because fluorine generally reacts exothermically to form products with stable C-F bonds.
Definición de exothermic en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.