- 1(Of a reaction or process) accompanied by the release of heat. The opposite of endothermic ( sense 1).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Sodium hydroxide dissolved into water is an exothermic process, ammonium nitrate dissolved in water is an endothermic process.
- The rusting of iron is an exothermic reaction and this process is used in hand warmers which are utilized in cold regions.
- When fireworks are ignited, the chemical compounds react with each other in an exothermic reaction - releasing energy.
- 1.1(Of a compound) formed from its constituent elements with a net release of heat.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Little heat is needed in the roasting of sulfide ores because the oxidation of the sulfide ion to sulfur dioxide is exothermic.
late 19th century: from French exothermique.
Más definiciones de exothermicDefinición de exothermic en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.