Definición de exothermic en inglés:
1(Of a reaction or process) accompanied by the release of heat. The opposite of endothermic (sense 1).
- Sodium hydroxide dissolved into water is an exothermic process, ammonium nitrate dissolved in water is an endothermic process.
- The rusting of iron is an exothermic reaction and this process is used in hand warmers which are utilized in cold regions.
- When fireworks are ignited, the chemical compounds react with each other in an exothermic reaction - releasing energy.
late 19th century: from French exothermique.
- Example sentences
- This is because fluorine generally reacts exothermically to form products with stable C-F bonds.
Definición de exothermic en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan