Definición de exotic en inglés:
- Somewhere in the distance an exotic bird gave off a trilling call that sounded both mournful and sweet.
- For many Europeans, the description of an American summer camp seems foreign and slightly exotic.
- One of the great joys of watching films for a living is the opportunity some of them afford for glimpses of distant, exotic countries.
- The colour combination gives an exotic appearance, setting this daffodil apart from others.
- His stories perfectly capture that fascination with exotic names and improbable colours and, best of all, the thrill of making a wise spending choice.
- For autumn/winter 99 she offers a colourful vision of exotic extravagance.
- Even airplanes, RC cars, and chainsaws have experienced power boosts from some of VPs exotic fuels.
- Unfortunately, my wife does not share my enthusiasm for the aroma of burnt rubber and exotic fuels.
- Keep in mind that you're not talking about exotic fuels per se.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- As in Hawaii, one of the most invasive and damaging exotics is the guava plant, which covers more than 12% of the farm area of the biggest island in the group.
- And of course, all those wonderful exotics planted in Joubert Park are still there, thriving since they were planted over 100 years ago.
- In the past exotics were mostly planted, mainly because they were easier to prune, and their root systems didn't interfere with the underground service pipes.
English exotic is from Greek exōtikos ‘foreign’, from exō ‘outside’. The notion of ‘foreign origin’ gave the word a dimension of glamour, hence phrases such as exotic dancer, first introduced in the USA, for a stripper.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The various exotically named fruit and milk cocktails have found favour with the college going crowd.
- Universally acclaimed as one of the most exotically beautiful buildings in the British Isles, the Royal Pavilion is the magnificent former seaside residence of King George IV.
- We were now traversing a great garden of corals, of which the Barrier Reef has 350 different hard varieties and about 60 soft, many of them exotically coloured.
Palabras que riman con exoticabiotic, amniotic, antibiotic, chaotic, demotic, despotic, erotic, homoerotic, hypnotic, idiotic, macrobiotic, meiotic, narcotic, neurotic, osmotic, patriotic, prebiotic, psychotic, quixotic, robotic, sclerotic, semiotic, symbiotic, zygotic, zymotic
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.