Definición de exoticize en inglés:
Portray (someone or something unfamiliar) as exotic or unusual; romanticize or glamorize: importantly, the film doesn’t exoticize the East (as adjective exoticized) when class is addressed in the art world, it is often in the context of exoticized poverty
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In his book Orientalism, Edward Said points out that foreign cultures are set up as being different, backward and separate by the unconscious desire to mystify and exoticise their behaviour, history and geography.
- We can probably put a positive spin on Cousins' assertion, emphasising that the attractiveness of the "Asian aesthetic" paradoxically exposes the inherent racial/sexual discrimination and the tendency to exoticise the other in Hollywood cinema.
- Nisha Ganatra finds far too many filmmakers willing to exoticize their own culture to fit the needs of the mainstream audience.
- exoticization sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- I wanted to check out the play but was wary because there's a lot of exoticisation of Africa.
- The exoticization of the Orient was part of the discourse of orientalism governing European perspectives toward the East.
- The movie's relentless, transparent exoticization of its subject matter seems disingenuous from the first frame.
Definición de exoticize en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda