Definición de explant en inglés:
Pronunciación: /ɪksˈplɑːnt/ /ɛksˈplɑːnt/[with object] (usually as adjective explanted)
Transfer (living cells, tissues, or organs) from animals or plants to a nutrient medium: explanted tissues
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Using explanted tissues from embryos of different ages, it has been shown that mesoderm induction is almost complete by the time gastrulation starts.
- As discussed in the introduction, the majority of studies aimed at transforming normal diploid cells in culture were carried out using freshly explanted diploid rodent cells.
- Other implantables that are explanted, reprocessed, and reimplanted into new patients include orthopedic prostheses and dental appliances.
Pronunciación: /ˈɛksplɑːnt/Volver al principio
A cell, organ, or piece of tissue which has been transferred in this way.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Soybean explants consisting of a piece of stem and subtending leaf might allow the examination of water stress susceptibility without the possible interfering effects of the roots.
- Adventitious buds have been induced from protoplast culture, on leaf explants and on strips of stem.
- Tips of generative shoots excised from flowering beets were the explants used to initiate axenic shoot cultures.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Other possible causes are trauma or injury to the breast, compression from mammography, accidents during implantation or explantation, manufacturing defects, and normal wear.
- If the manufacturer of the explanted device cannot be identified by the device itself, the institution should make a good faith attempt to find out who the manufacturer is and report the device's explantation.
- This saves energy, prolonging the life of the implanted device, minimizing the risk and expense to patient associated with early explantation and replacement of the implanted device.
Early 20th century: from modern Latin explantare, from ex- 'out' + plantare 'to plant'.
Definición de explant en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda