- According to the leadership's orders, bandits were to be exterminated and destroyed.
- It is an overwhelming fact that so many people could be totally exterminated.
- Let my life be given me at my petition, and my people at my request; for we are sold, I and my people, to be destroyed, to be massacred and to be exterminated.
- A new act recently passed for hunting and game protection states that hunters are free to exterminate any carnivores they encounter.
- But a federal campaign to exterminate prairie dogs in 1950s and '60s killed nearly all of the ferrets' prey.
- Good humans feel no compunction about exterminating inhuman creatures that prey upon the innocent.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- An exterminator slaughtered the bird with a pellet gun as it tried to hide in a corner.
- And yet she holds no grudge against exterminators.
- The next hit reality show will be about out-of-work exterminators.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- But though Hitler called himself a socialist, and was widely accepted as one, inside and outside Germany, his socialist sources are less well known, though they reached as far as Soviet exterminatory techniques.
- Longerich is wrong in suggesting that the Nazis' exterminatory policy of Euthanasia from the winter of 1939-40 was some kind of ‘rehearsal’ for the Nazi Final Solution of the Jewish Question.
- Since 1945, since the Holocaust and the Nazis' exterminatory warfare, German non-Jewish authorship has had to relegitimize, refound itself with every single text.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'drive out'): from Latin exterminat- 'driven out', from the verb exterminare, from ex- 'out' + terminus 'boundary'. The sense 'destroy' (mid 16th century) comes from the Latin of the Vulgate.
This is from Latin ‘drive out, banish’, from ex- ‘out’ and terminus ‘boundary’. This was the sense used when the word entered English. The sense ‘destroy’ (mid 16th century) comes from the Latin of the Vulgate Bible.
Palabras que riman con exterminategerminate, terminate, verminate
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ex|ter¦min|ate
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.