Definición de extol en inglés:
verbo (extols, extolling, extolled)[with object]
Praise enthusiastically: he extolled the virtues of the Russian peoples
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- All of them share in their belief in God, turn to Him and extol His praises.
- Mrs Egan, of North Lane, York, was even moved to pen an elegant exposition extolling her family's enthusiasm for waste.
- You travel the world praising the discreet charm of an ancient university and extolling the virtues of academic freedom.
praise enthusiastically, go into raptures about/over, wax lyrical about, sing the praises of, praise to the skies, heap praise on, eulogize, rhapsodize over, rave about, enthuse about/over, gush about/over, throw bouquets at, express delight over, acclaim
informal go wild about, be mad about, go on about
North American informal ballyhoo
black English big someone/something up
dated cry someone/something up
late Middle English: from Latin extollere, from ex- 'out, upward' + tollere 'raise'.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In writing this particular song, did Archie have in mind such extollers of memory as I, who find in memory-however painful certain of the events that are recalled-the desire for unity and oneness that defines the soul?
- Vicky is a great extoller of the Aga and also loves to cook.
- An extoller of the simple, rooted life, he nevertheless accumulated a sizable fortune and lived very well indeed.
Palabras que riman con extolbarcarole, bole, bowl, cajole, coal, Cole, condole, console, control, dhole, dole, droll, enrol (US enroll), foal, goal, hole, Joel, knoll, kohl, mol, mole, Nicole, parol, parole, patrol, pole, poll, prole, rôle, roll, scroll, Seoul, shoal, skoal, sole, soul, stole, stroll, thole, Tirol, toad-in-the-hole, toll, troll, vole, whole
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán