The practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats: he used bribery and extortion to build himself a huge, art-stuffed mansion [as modifier]: extortion rackets
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Brute force, extortion, and bribery are not a policy, they are the last refuge of a mafioso.
- At the least, we can ask that American citizens not pay extortion money to enemy governments in a time of war.
- The underworld is once again making extortion threats to Bollywood figures.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It's all about cost of living, and husbandry, and sustainability, and not spending the rest of your life - as an individual or a business - paying blackmail to extortioners.
- Mr Prasad, however, refused to name the extortioners.
- According to the reports, many of these extortioners are recently released prisoners.
Palabras que riman con extortionabortion, apportion, caution, contortion, distortion, portion, proportion, retortion, torsion
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ex|tor|tion
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda