Definición de extrinsic en inglés:
1Not part of the essential nature of someone or something; coming or operating from outside: a complex interplay of extrinsic and intrinsic factors reasons extrinsic to the music itself
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Because of its observational nature, our study cannot differentiate between intrinsic or extrinsic factors in the reduced reproductive success.
- Thus three-dimensionality was extrinsic to painting, which was essentially flat, in Greenberg's view.
- Other workers have, however, tended to view the diversifications as resulting from a complex mix of intrinsic biological and extrinsic physical factors.
2(Of a muscle, such as an eye muscle) having its origin some distance from the part which it moves.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The extrinsic muscles of the larynx control the degree of tension on the vocal cords, and the intrinsic muscles regulate the glottis.
- The extrinsic extensor tendon attaches to the base of the dorsum of the middle phalanx, and bands from the intrinsic hand muscles attach to the distal phalanx.
- Unlike the upper esophageal sphincter, the lower sphincter is not pulled open by extrinsic musculature.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- And finally, do we learn for learning's sake, or must we be extrinsically motivated to do so?
- For example, some might argue that children playing baseball are intrinsically motivated by the joy of playing, while a professional baseball player is extrinsically motivated, by money and championships.
- Additionally, individuals preferring a field-dependent learning style have been found to be more extrinsically motivated and learn better when organization and structure is provided by the teacher.
Palabras que riman con extrinsicintrinsic
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda