Definición de extrorse en inglés:
adjetivoBotany & Zoology
1Turned outwards. The opposite of introrse.
- These pitchers are extrorse (face outward), and according to habitat can be red, green, yellow, or orange, and are as long as 21 cm.
- These pollen sacs can face outward, in which case the stamens are called extrorse (eg, Ranunculaceae), or inward, in which case the stamens are called introrse.
1.1(Of anthers) releasing their pollen on the outside of the flower.
- Anthers are juxtaposed, included in the corolla, extrorse and open longitudinally.
- Extrorse anthers are somewhat concentrated in primitive dicots and primitive monocots and are rare in more advanced groups.
- On the other hand, there is a correlation between extrorse anthers and short filaments:
mid 19th century: from late Latin extrorsus 'outwards' (adverb).
Definición de extrorse en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary