- 1 Medicine A mass of cells and fluid that has seeped out of blood vessels or an organ, especially in inflammation.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Histologically, no cardial brain abscesses show purulent exudate surrounded by variable amounts of fibrosis.
- A similar reaction was present in the left ovary surrounding an abscess cavity containing purulent exudate and surrounded by dense fibrosis and chronic inflammation.
- To be included in the analysis, patients had to have at least three of the following conditions concomitantly: fever, tonsillar exudate, tender anterior cervical lymph nodes and absence of cough.
- 2 Botany & Entomology A substance secreted by a plant or insect.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The chemical properties of plant litter and exudates strongly influence many chemical properties of soils that are critical to ecosystem functioning.
- Cytokinins were analysed in leaf extracts, leaf phloem exudate and in the shoot apical meristem at different times during floral transition.
- Moreover, the composition of exudates produced by glandular trichomes may change with leaf age.
late 19th century: from Latin exsudat- 'exuded', from the verb exsudare.
Más definiciones de exudateDefinición de exudate en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.