Definición de exult en inglés:
- Clergymen rejoiced, exulted and stupidly expected that it would last.
- I shall ascend my funeral pile triumphantly, and exult in the agony of the torturing flames.
- They root for the hero, exult at his successes, are anxious for his triumph, and suffer at his reversals.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- He began plucking the plants one after the other, danced, hugged me, told me exultingly that he had not had merely a new species, but a new genus.
- The album as a body of work exudes an exultingly warm essence.
- Meantime, she exultingly seated herself at the piano, and favoured him with two of his favourite songs.
Late 16th century: from Latin exsultare, frequentative of exsilire 'leap up', from ex- 'out, upward' + salire 'to leap'.
salient from mid 16th century:
This was first used as a heraldic term meaning ‘leaping’. It comes from Latin salire ‘to leap’. The sense ‘outstanding, significant’ as in salient point is found from the mid 19th century. Salire is behind many other English words including assail and assault (Middle English) ‘jumping on’ people; exult (late 16th century) ‘jump up’; insult; and result (Late Middle English) originally meaning ‘to jump back’. Salacious (mid 17th century) ‘undue interest in sexual matters’ is based on Latin salax, from salire. Its basic sense is ‘fond of leaping’, but as the word was used of stud animals it came to mean ‘lustful’. From the French form of salire come to sally out (mid 16th century) and sauté (early 19th century).
Palabras que riman con exultconsult, cult, indult, insult, penult, result, ult
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.