Definición de eyeball en inglés:
The round part of the eye of a vertebrate, within the eyelids and socket.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The surgeon uses a wire speculum to retract the eyelids to expose the eyeball.
- Instead it was a mixture of lips, eyelids, eyeballs, nostrils, udders, spare skin, throat, larynx and so forth.
- The orbit is a socket for the eyeball, muscles, nerves, and vessels that are necessary for proper functioning of the eye.
verbo[with object] informal Volver al principio
Look or stare at closely: we eyeballed one another
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She pulled her cloak around herself tighter as she stared around, and men eyeballed her.
- While manager at Valencia, he confronted Romario, eyeballing the great Brazilian, to demand he ‘look into my eyes.’
- And then I tapped the tip here and there to cover up any areas of white that the whorls might have missed, just in case the scanner was looking at a specific sector instead of eyeballing the oval in its entirety.
- 1eyeball to eyeball
- Face to face with someone, especially in an aggressive way: he wheeled round to confront John eyeball to eyeball [as modifier]: an eyeball-to-eyeball confrontationMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But for the West to go eyeball to eyeball with Putin over the outcome merely complicates Ukraine's domestic problems and takes East-West relations back a dangerous step to the bad old days.
- For a first time spectator, it's the only phrase that seems suitable because the sight of bigger than average, fully grown men slugging it out, eyeball to eyeball, is as engrossing as sport could possibly be.
- Queues of angry motorists grew behind the horsebox drivers, who sounded their horns and pulled up eyeball to eyeball outside the yard where City of York councillors were making a planning site visit.
- 2give someone the hairy eyeball
- North American informal Stare at someone in a disapproving or angry way, especially with one’s eyelids partially lowered: not one, but two security guards started giving me the hairy eyeballMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Well, she had changed, she had an address that wasn't a motel room and a permanent somebody in her life, and it had been a long time since she'd caught any store clerks giving her the hairy eyeball in the shoplifting mirrors.
- And he pushed me aside and said to one of the girls, a tall leggy brunette who'd always been giving him the hairy eyeball: ‘You show her!’
- He was talking about giving someone the hairy eyeball in the same way you would give someone a venereal disease.
- 3up to the (or one's) eyeballs
- informal Used to emphasize the extreme degree of an undesirable situation: he’s up to his eyeballs in debtMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Most humans do not find themselves up to their eyeballs in situations like this.
- But that's why you're up to your eyeballs in debt in the first place.
- There's nothing very glitzy or glamorous about struggling to put up a big tent in a high wind with freezing rain trickling down your neck and mud up to your eyeballs.
Palabras que riman con eyeballhighball
Definición de eyeball en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda