Definición de fête galante en inglés:
sustantivo (plural fêtes galantes pronounced igual)
1An outdoor entertainment or rural festival, especially as depicted in 18th-century French painting.
- They chat with the clowns and guitarists who entertain them in these fêtes galantes (amorous festivities) as freely as one would in an open-air party today.
- These parties became veritable fêtes galantes from which the larger spectacle could be enjoyed.
1.1A painting in the fête galante genre.
- Watteau's fêtes galantes, his enigmatic fantasies of courtly love, offer a feast for the eyes.
- Based loosely on a contemporary opera-ballet of the same name, the picture is a fête galante, a poetic subject Watteau made his own.
- His best-known works are conversation pieces, which owe a debt to the theatre, derived from French fêtes galantes.
French, literally 'elegant festival'.
Definición de fête galante en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan