- The preserving of one’s reputation, credibility, or dignity: his statement was a foolish attempt at face-saving [as modifier]: the government made a face-saving compromise with the Finance MinistryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The face-saving compromise now being pushed into the future of licensing reforms is to allow restaurants to offer the full range of alcoholic drinks as part of their service.
- The others agreed to consider it, and negotiated face-saving compromises which fell far short of Olivares' proposals.
- This seemed to be a compromise, face-saving revelation that would allow more frankness further down the line.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And Barbara Tan, of Virginia Water in Surrey, proved yet again that a good black and white outfit can be pulled out of the wardrobe as a fantastic fashion face-saver, wearing a zebra-print jacket with long black skirt and striking hat.
- However, getting no response from the other side, the Moulvi was left with no other choice but to renounce his post as a virtual face-saver.
- Effusiveness of the praise which was given him made it look suspiciously as if he was being eased out, and given credit as a face-saver.
Más definiciones de face-savingDefinición de face-saving en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.