Definición de face-saving en inglés:
The preserving of one’s reputation, credibility, or dignity: his statement was a foolish attempt at face-saving [as modifier]: the government made a face-saving compromise with the Finance Ministry
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The face-saving compromise now being pushed into the future of licensing reforms is to allow restaurants to offer the full range of alcoholic drinks as part of their service.
- The others agreed to consider it, and negotiated face-saving compromises which fell far short of Olivares' proposals.
- This seemed to be a compromise, face-saving revelation that would allow more frankness further down the line.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- And Barbara Tan, of Virginia Water in Surrey, proved yet again that a good black and white outfit can be pulled out of the wardrobe as a fantastic fashion face-saver, wearing a zebra-print jacket with long black skirt and striking hat.
- However, getting no response from the other side, the Moulvi was left with no other choice but to renounce his post as a virtual face-saver.
- Effusiveness of the praise which was given him made it look suspiciously as if he was being eased out, and given credit as a face-saver.
Definición de face-saving en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en España
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán