- 1The value printed or depicted on a coin, banknote, postage stamp, ticket, etc., especially when less than the actual value: touts offer tickets priced at many times their face value [count noun]: the coins are traded for the metal they contain, rather than their face valuesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- These coins have a face value, but the actual value is the price of gold.
- Among them were a gold coin with the face value of 6,000 baht and a silver coin with a face value of 600 baht.
- Money forgers usually gain only the face value of the banknotes they have forged.
- 1.1The apparent worth or implication of something: her lie was unconvincing, but he took it at face valueMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The images become politically charged; take on meaning beyond their face value.
- I take people at face value, weigh them by their worth, and where they come from doesn't matter to me.
- His comments would be less likely to be taken at face value if your readers were made aware of this important fact.
Más definiciones de face valueDefinición de face value en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.