- 1A piece of material sewn on the inside of a garment, especially at the neck and armholes, to strengthen it.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Make the same adjustment on the underarm facing for a sleeveless garment.
- Instead of sleeves, finish the armhole with a narrow facing.
- Repeat to sew the facing to the garment, turning the seam allowances out of the way of the lapel.
- 1.1 (facings) The cuffs, collar, and lapels of a military jacket, contrasting in colour with the rest of the garment: the regiment’s uniforms had orange facingsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The meet took place at Chavenage House near Tetbury, and the Princess Royal was mounted on a bay horse and wore the traditional Beaufort outfit, a navy blue jacket with buff facings.
- Regiments designated as ‘Royal’ adopted blue facings, blue being another principal colour of British royal heraldry and of the national flag.
- They wear a uniform - blouse and trousers - of a bright homespun material, without any facings, but with brass buttons and collar ornaments.
- 2An outer layer covering the surface of a wall: the bricks were used as a facing on a concrete coreMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Finish ornamental stone facings and surfaces of concrete structural products.
- Mindful of Ben Rhydding's new conservation area status, the developers have been careful to include design features like using local stone for wall facings and slate roofs to ensure they get planning approval.
- With its facing of white Portland stone, copper-covered roof and flèche glittering with gold bands the chapel can be seen far across Stanley Park.
adjetivo[attributive] Volver al principio
- Positioned so as to face: two facing pages [in combination]: a south-facing gardenMás ejemplos en oraciones
- My favourite of these three montanas is a dark flowered form that grows against the house wall in a sunny south and east facing position.
- Children under seven are more likely to suffer serious injuries to their head and neck if they are wearing normal seat belts in a forward facing position
- I need a simple picture - my moving position on a north facing map - a dotted line to the point east 10 miles away.