Definición de factorial en inglés:
1The product of an integer and all the integers below it; e.g. factorial four (4!) is equal to 24. (Symbol: !)
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The gamma function is undefined for zero and negative integers, from which we can conclude that factorials of negative integers do not exist.
- Stirling wrote to De Moivre pointing out some errors that he had made in a table of logarithms of factorials in the book.
- They learned of each other's discoveries because each of them communicated his work to James Stirling, whose approximation for the factorial is a special case of the Euler-Maclaurin summation.
adjetivochiefly Mathematics Volver al principio
Relating to a factor or factorial: a factorial design
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Experimental designs involving factorial combination of multiple independent variables call for some inventiveness when it comes to graphical presentation of data.
- Around 1926, a British statistician, Ronald Fisher, while working in the field of agriculture, developed a new form of experimentation called two-level factorial design.
- A 2 x 4 x 12 factorial design was used to assess the effects of light, temperature and month, respectively, on the germination of Spergularia marina seeds.
- 1factorially adverbio
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Three stimulus frequencies were combined factorially with two input channels (left and right ears) and three measurement procedures.
- The investigation of factorially simple tasks, which are not especially cognitively demanding, has prompted hopes of arriving at a definition of intelligence that is both precise and explanatory.
- The shortened 18-item scale is both more reliable and more factorially pure than the original 25-item measure with which it correlates at a.93 level.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda