Definición de factory farming en inglés:
A system of rearing livestock using highly intensive methods, by which poultry, pigs, or cattle are confined indoors under strictly controlled conditions.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Nor is a return to ‘primitive’ farming practices the only alternative to factory farming and highly intensive agriculture.
- Intensive factory farming has happened because of this demand for cheap food.
- The mountains of manure that factory farming generates foul our air and water, disrupting ecosystems and sickening rural communities.
factory farm sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- This 5,600-cow factory farm has successfully negotiated an exemption to the organic requirement that cows have access to pasture, based upon Colorado's arid climate.
- By contrast, a factory farm, milking 3,000 cows, stanchioned 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in a barn, and run with hired help, can make a good profit.
- The life expectancy of the average cow in natural conditions is about 25-30 years; on the typical factory farm, where well over half of U.S. milk cows reside, they live only four to five years.
Definición de factory farming en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda