Definición de faience en inglés:
1Glazed ceramic ware, in particular decorated tin-glazed earthenware of the type which includes delftware and maiolica: [as modifier]: faience figurines
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Tin-glazed earthenware, or faience, was introduced in the early sixteenth century in imitation of Chinese porcelain to France, Germany and the Netherlands, and by mid-century it had arrived in England.
- Given the scarcity of examples of bird painting on Niderviller faience or porcelain, it is impossible to say what Gerverot's birds may have looked like.
- Now she finds her eye drawn to French faience, a type of glazed earthenware.
1.1 Architecture Moulded glazed or unglazed terracotta blocks used structurally or as cladding.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Artificially squared tesserae (Greek abakiskoi: small slabs) of stone, terracotta, faience, and glass appear to be developments of the 3rd century bc.
- A programme of refurbishment at Pullman Court includes work on original features such as the pink faience tiling that emphasises many planes of the blocks and research into the interior colour scheme.
- This passage specifies the functions of these mummiform statuettes, made of wood, terracotta, faience or metal, and in some cases left in the tomb in their hundreds.
Palabras que riman con faienceadvance, Afrikaans, à outrance, chance, dance, enhance, entrance, France, glance, lance, mischance, outdance, perchance, prance, Provence, stance, trance
Definición de faience en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda