- A weakness, especially in a person’s character; a shortcoming: pride is a terrible failingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Councillors are as much at fault for the failings of particular services in the borough as the officers who run them.
- Independence deserves to be discussed on its own merits or failings - the honest approach.
- They show their foibles and failings, their gifts and talents in a way that's entirely theirs.
preposiciónVolver al principio
- In the absence of; if not: she longed to be with him and, failing that, to be aloneMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Can anyone recommend a chain, or failing that, a local store in Austin, Texas, that would carry them?
- A lot of communities either try to prop up their long-established economic pillars or, failing that, they try to attract something big and new.