Definición de faint heart en inglés:
A person who lacks courage or conviction: those faint hearts who have unkindly suggested that we won’t win promotion
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Crystal Centre was no place for faint hearts on Sunday as these two teams threw everything into a bid to advance another stage, and Crystal were still very much in the game as the minutes ticked away.
- But she was happy to use and bolster her own image for party advantage, and that image was of a battling, indomitable leader surrounded by weaklings, faint hearts and compromisers.
- This match, in every sense the ultimate test, is not for faint hearts and it is no surprise that the only two to have looked completely at ease are the mighty Shane Warne and Andrew Flintoff.
- faint heart never won fair lady
- proverb Timidity will prevent you from achieving your objective.Oraciones de ejemplo
- Yes, awkward; yes, risky - but faint heart never won fair lady and all that.
- "Faint heart never won fair lady," win the advice of a friend to Mr. Child, the son of a brewer, who sought the hand of the lady.
- ‘Well, faint heart ne'er won fair maiden, or so the sayin’ goes Rennalt, ‘you had better make this one a good one‘.
Definición de faint heart en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda