Definición de fairy en inglés:
sustantivo (plural fairies)
- I love magical things like fairies and goblins.
- The fairies occupied the land in many parts of the world, yet just like the multiple races of humans or demons, fairies have several of their own.
- It says everything your inner child wants to hear: believe in fairies and the powers of the imagination; and no matter how bad real life can become, you can always visit Neverland.
- Genus Heliothryx, family Trochilidae: two species
- Hummingbirds vary in size from a 21/4-in. (6-cm) fairy hummingbird of Cuba (the smallest of all birds) to an 81/2-in. (21.6-cm) giant hummer of the Andes, Patagona gigas.
- 1away with the fairies
- British informal Giving the impression of being mad, distracted, or in a dreamworld.Oraciones de ejemplo
- My prone body would lie limp, my mental faculties away with the fairies with no estimated time of return.
- The Fairy Ring was established five years ago after the founder of the National Fairy Appreciation Society folded her group - ‘she went away with the fairies,’ quipped Susan.
- While he was gone, we spoke to his wife - he'd just had a hip replacement operation, and was just coming off the morphine. ‘You should have seen him, he was away with the fairies!’
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Small fountains and courtyards drew her in; they seemed, in Guinevere's imagination, small pieces of another world; fairylike, ornate, and delicate.
- Driving back we got the same thrill we always do at seeing Butte at night… It is so fairylike with its twinkling lights and so startling in a black wilderness.
- Please take a brief walk back in time with me, as I share with you a bit of history about the exquisite, fairylike Rocky Mountain columbine.
Although we now think of fairies as small, delicate creatures they come from a powerful source—Latin fata ‘the Fates’ ( see fate). The old spelling faerie is first recorded in The Faerie Queene, the title of a poem by Edmund Spenser celebrating Queen Elizabeth I (the figure of the ‘Faerie Queene’ herself was taken to stand for Elizabeth). Faerie was originally the collective form of the word, with fae or nowadays fay as the singular.
Palabras que riman con fairyairy, Azeri, canary, carabinieri, Carey, Cary, chary, clary, contrary, dairy, Dari, faerie, glairy, glary, Guarneri, hairy, lairy, miserere, nary, Nyerere, prairie, Salieri, scary, Tipperary, vary, wary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.