- 1Remaining loyal and steadfast: the city has always been faithful to the Conservative party employees who had notched up decades of faithful serviceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It was a touching and poignant afternoon as friends gathered to show their respects to a man who had remained loyal and ever faithful to the ideals of Comhaltas.
- He has remained a faithful and steadfast cheerleader for Langley, though he admits that the agency's image could do with some polishing.
- Many people have given years of faithful service to Muintir Mhaigh Eo and have remained faithful to the ethos of the founding fathers of the Association all those years ago.
- 1.1(Of a spouse or partner) never having a sexual relationship with anyone else: her husband was faithful to herMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Viewers know that Pembleton is a faithful husband with no sexual interest in the woman.
- Getting married doesn't make you morally superior and it certainly doesn't automatically make you a faithful partner or a doting parent.
- Fresh disclosures from Ulrika are sure to shake Sven's relationship with his faithful, long-suffering partner.
- 1.2(Of an object) reliable: my faithful compassMás ejemplos en oraciones
- To him, the little blue machine beside his till is a faithful partner that quietly boosts his takings, and he has no ethical concerns over his role in the development of mass-market gambling.
- 2True to the facts or the original: the film was faithful to the bookMás ejemplos en oraciones
accurate, precise, exact, errorless, error-free, unerring, without error, faultless, true, close, strict; realistic, authentic, convincingNorth American • informal on the money• rare verisimilar
- In journalistic usage, you shall be as accurate and balanced and fair, and as faithful to pinned-down facts, as you possibly can be.
- People who make documentaries have to be faithful to the facts.
- Despite some juggling of the sequence of events, ‘Ali’ is largely faithful to facts.
sustantivo(as plural noun the faithful) Volver al principio
- Those who are faithful to a particular religion or political party: a muezzin called the faithful to prayerMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The responsibilities of the papacy today are daunting, and all realize that the bishop of Rome needs the prayers of the faithful.
- This wholeness is about community, the community of the faithful that forms the church.
- Pondering this commentary will stiffen the spine of the faithful for preaching, teaching, interpretation and life in the world.