- The keeping and training of falcons or other birds of prey; the sport of hunting with such birds.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Employees from Ashford Castle's school of falconry bring hawks and falcons to Rathroeen where they keep vermin and other birds at bay.
- Hunting, falconry, fishing, rowing and sailing were all considered suitable pastimes for a freeman or noble, which left the more ignoble sports of grappling with others to the lower classes.
- The medieval hunting tradition of falconry was outlawed in Quebec in the early '80s, and we remain one of the last places in North America to ban the aerial hunt.
late 16th century: from French fauconnerie, from faucon (see falcon).
Más definiciones de falconryDefinición de falconry en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.