Definición de faldstool en inglés:
1A folding chair used by a bishop when not occupying the throne or when officiating in a church other than his own.
- A faldstool is prescribed by the old English Ritual in the consecration of a bishop.
- The Celebrant will be a Cardinal and will sit at the faldstool on the Epistle side...The rite of Pontifical Mass at the faldstool will be followed.
2A small movable folding desk or stool for kneeling at prayer.
- In the modern practice of the Church of England, the term faldstool is given to the reading desk from which the litany is read.
- Two types of furniture predominate, the shriving stall in some Suffolk churches, and the faldstool elsewhere.
Definición de faldstool en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia