Definición de fall line en inglés:
1 (the fall line) Skiing The route leading straight down any particular part of a slope: study the fall line and plan your turns
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I pull out of the fall line, lean on my poles, and turn the lead over to Chris, who's strong and can break trail the rest of the way to our campsite.
- On a hill that you are comfortable on, place some markers directly down the fall line.
- If there's enough room, and nobody is close on your heels, traverse the slope by skating across the fall line, spending as little time as possible with your wheels pointing directly downhill.
2A narrow zone that marks the geological boundary between an upland region and a plain, distinguished by the occurrence of falls and rapids where rivers and streams cross it.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The appearance of goods made above the fall line - where the rivers from the hinterland cascade to the coastal plain - was not wholly governed by trade with or emulation of coastal merchants.
- Wolff and Ware found similar regeneration when examining vegetation along the fall line in Virginia.
- Instead of relying on ice axes, they studied fall lines, plucking smooth routes from seemingly impassable rock faces.
Definición de fall line en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda