Relating to or advocating a social framework centred on family relationships: a familist ideology which harks back to peasant origins
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Most men prefer to work full-time anyway, so while familist policies appropriate the results of their labour, they probably don't actually significantly increase male hours.
- The folkways of the village differ in certain familist practices which tend to differentiate its familism from that of nearby villages.
- familistic adjetivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Greater clarity, however, can be achieved regarding the function of these social centers if they are understood as embedded within familistic or political relations - Judean, urban, imperial.
- As Murray has it, ‘highly familistic, consensual cultures have been the norm throughout history and the world.’
- Reordering is legitimated through an appeal to a higher religious court, and carried through in familistic or quasi-familistic arrangements.
A member of the Christian sect of the 16th and 17th centuries called the Family of Love, which asserted the importance of love and the necessity for absolute obedience to any government.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The primary goal of the Familist was the reaching of that state of the ultimate form of perfect love with God revealed through the Family of Love.
- Like Francis Bacon, Familists believed that men and women might recapture on earth the state of innocence which existed before the Fall.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda