1British former term for child benefit.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He wished to see equal amounts of funds directed toward the disadvantaged in the form of family allowances and old-age pensions.
- Demand for education increased dramatically between 1950 and 1975 as real wages rose, supported by family allowances and social security, the economy boomed, and families sought a better future for their children.
- Truancy continues to be a widespread problem across many indigenous communities, and Noel Pearson has suggested parents who don't send their children to school should lose their family allowances.
2Australian An untaxed allowance paid by the government to the parent or guardian of a child: the uncertainty of the situation meant they were sometimes overpaid family allowance Formerly called child endowment.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The sample of ethnic families participating in project consultations was selected from Centrelink records of Family Allowance customers.
- Workshop participants reported many disputes over Family Allowance monies.
- Governments should also look at ways of giving families the option to take future family allowances up front.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: fam¦ily al¦low|ance
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda