- An unusual or amusing costume worn to a social event to make someone look like, for example, a famous person or well-known fictional character: schoolchildren were in the procession in fancy dress [as modifier]: a fancy dress competitionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Then of course there is the famous fancy-dress competition in which everyone who has arrived in costume is invited onto the stage to show off.
- The costume party is formatted as a multi-venue themed fancy-dress art party and is attended by 8000 thousand partygoers - who arrive in teams in matching costumes - somehow related to the theme.
- They talk of going to future fancy-dress parties and of the costumes worn there.
Más definiciones de fancy dressDefinición de fancy dress en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.