- A gambling card game in which players bet on the order in which the cards will appear.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- After conning a new victim, Jones would gamble away his money at faro, usually in crooked games run by other hustlers.
- He did not mention that he had felt lonely, when Philip had left their picquet game to play faro and drink sociably with his peers.
- The first part described the game of faro and is of little importance other than showing that Daniel was learning about probability at this time.
early 18th century (originally as pharaoh or pharo): from French pharaon (see pharaoh), said to have been the name of the king of hearts.
Más definiciones de FaroDefinición de faro en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.