Definición de farrow en inglés:
1A litter of pigs.
- It is now like the old sow consuming its farrow.
- She is the sow that eats her farrow, consuming her own children.
- Disposal costs were estimated for a swine production system that needs to dispose of 40,000 pounds/year or 110 lb. / day, as would be the case in a 300 sow farrow to finish operation with average death losses.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
(Of a sow) give birth to (piglets): the pig is one of a litter of nine farrowed in July
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The hogs are farrowed outdoors or in barns or hoop buildings with bedding.
- They started farrowing hogs when they moved to the rented farm in 1991 and have a traditional farrow-to-finish setup.
- In 1991, 15.8 pigs were farrowed per sow in the United States, whereas in 2001, 17.6 pigs were farrowed per sow, amounting to an 11% increase in efficiency.
Definición de farrow en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan