- 1A litter of pigs.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is now like the old sow consuming its farrow.
- She is the sow that eats her farrow, consuming her own children.
- Disposal costs were estimated for a swine production system that needs to dispose of 40,000 pounds/year or 110 lb. / day, as would be the case in a 300 sow farrow to finish operation with average death losses.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- (Of a sow) give birth to (piglets): the pig is one of a litter of nine farrowed in JulyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The hogs are farrowed outdoors or in barns or hoop buildings with bedding.
- They started farrowing hogs when they moved to the rented farm in 1991 and have a traditional farrow-to-finish setup.
- In 1991, 15.8 pigs were farrowed per sow in the United States, whereas in 2001, 17.6 pigs were farrowed per sow, amounting to an 11% increase in efficiency.
Old English fearh, færh 'young pig', of West Germanic origin, from an Indo-European root shared by Greek porkos and Latin porcus 'pig'.
Más definiciones de farrowDefinición de farrow en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.